Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in order to participate in the search process should contact the search chair (if applying for faculty position, please see General Description for contact) or the
Human Resources Office
Adjunct Professor - Mathematics|
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR:
$2100 - $2800|
|The Mathematics Department invites applications for an adjunct position for a variety of courses including math for the liberal arts, intermediate algebra, statistics, business calculus and calculus 1. |
- On a part time basis:
- Instructs students in specialized and general areas of a broad field of specialization;
- Assists in the preparation of course outlines, descriptions and lesson plans as required by Department Chair;
- Prepares and grades tests, work sheets and projects to evaluate students;
- Maintains a class record and attendance book;
- Assists students as faculty adviser in problems related to departmental offerings. Provides tutorial help as required by those students. Refers students to others for specific problem solving.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of subject matter;
- Good knowledge of teaching techniques and theory;
- Ability to plan and present instructional material in a clear, logical and concise manner;
- Ability to maintain proper teacher-student relationship;
- Sound professional judgment;
- Initiative and resourcefulness;
|Physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Master's Degree in math, math education or related field;
Non Discrimination/Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Policy:
NIAGARA UNIVERSITY is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our Catholic mission, Niagara University is committed to providing equal employment and educational opportunities and will not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex (gender), national origin, religious preference, sexual orientation, predisposing genetic characteristic, status as veteran or disability. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Ryan Thompson, Esq., Title IX Coordinator, Office for Equity & Inclusion, 716-286-8324, email@example.com, www.niagara.edu/oei, Office Location: O’Shea Hall, B27. For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.
Niagara University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. A copy of the Student Right to Know Annual Security Report is available at: