1. Ability to be flexible with schedule, including the ability to work nights and weekend hours.
2. Knowledge of print and electronic collection development.
3. Experience in an automated library environment with strong database searching skills.
4. Knowledge of high quality reference practices. Ability to provide reference assistance to the patrons of the Library.
5. Ability to collaborate with faculty, design curricula, teach, and engage students.
6. Knowledge of user education and emerging and/or innovative instructional technologies and online learning pedagogies in support of hybrid or distance education.
7. Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and implement new information services and technologies.
8. Ability to work in a team environment.
9. Strong working computer and mobile technologies, office applications software, and technologies used in classroom teaching.
10.Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a diverse population of students, faculty and staff.
11.Sufficient manual dexterity with proficiency to handle various office machines including but not limited to: computer, keyboard, calculator, copy machine and fax machine.
12.Ability to receive telephone calls, respond to inquiries and communicate with others by telephone with or without reasonable accommodations.
13.Ability to travel off-campus in the United States and Canada to meet with users, vendors, peers, etc.
14.Commitment to excellence in customer service.
15.Commitment to professional development.