Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in order to participate in the search process should contact the search chair (if applying for faculty position, please see General Description for contact) or the
Human Resources Office
Cook - Part Time|
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR:
Under routine supervision, the Cook performs a variety of cooking duties. The Cook is responsible for the cooking needs of the residents of the Vincentian Residence of Niagara University and its guests.
· Cook/prepare meals and to clean up the kitchen/dining area of the Vincentian Residence;
· Maintain the facility’s cleanliness and sanitation according to local and state standards;
· Prepare meals with flexible dietary restrictions;
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
60% Cook and prepare means with flexible dietary restrictions typically on Saturdays and Sundays;
25% Prepare ready made meals for lunches;
15% Clean kitchen and dining areas.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of safe food handling and routine sanitation procedures;
2. Ability to be cooperative and neat in appearance with good work habits;
3. Ability to be flexible and work well in a priesthood environment;
4. Ability to be kind, patient and respectful when communicating with residents, families, colleagues and visitors;
5. Ability to read and comprehend the English language proficiently to be able to read and understand various forms, documentation, files and information in the department.
The functions of the position usually performed standing, but may require some amount of time stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting, walking, carrying and other movements may be required. All individuals are required to be able to perform these movements without significant risk of injury to themselves or others, or to otherwise demonstrate or explain how they can perform the essential functions listed above.
Any combination of education equivalent to graduation from high school or other combination of education, training and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities; High school diploma preferred.
A minimum of one year varied cooking experience in food preparation is required.
Non Discrimination/Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Policy:
The University affirms its commitment to equal opportunity and non-discrimination and recognizes its responsibility to provide for all employees an environment that is free of discrimination and harassment based on gender, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, national origin, age, marital status, predisposed genetic disorder, Vietnam Era or disabled veteran status, disability or other category protected by law. The University also does not tolerate any actual or attempted reprisals or retaliation against an employee who raises a sincere and valid concern regarding harassment or discrimination. All such discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation is, therefore, strictly prohibited. This policy protects and covers the conduct of all employees, without regard to job title or status. Anyone engaging in the above mentioned conduct is subject to disciplinary action up to and including discharge or termination of any other status.
Niagara University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. A copy of the Student Right to Know Annual Security Report is available at: