Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in order to participate in the search process should contact the search chair (if applying for faculty position, please see General Description for contact) or the
Human Resources Office
Associate Athletic Director - Internal Operations|
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR:
Director of Athletics|
|The Associate Athletics Director is a member of the Athletics senior leadership team with direct responsibility for the department budget, facilities, operations, and oversight of several of the sport programs and employees, as well as summer camp, equipment room and executing several contracts.
Aid Athletic Director in execution of the Niagara University athletic strategic plan;
Management the department's 0-based budget process. Work with all head coaches and budget managers in managing their respective budgets on a daily basis to maintain fiscal responsibility;
Collaborate with university facilities to manage and maintain all athletic facilities - Gallagher Center, Dwyer Ice Rink, Niagara Field, Bobo Field and the Kiernan Center;
Develop and execute plans for all game and event operations including but not limited to men's and women's basketball and men's ice hockey games;
Develop financial reports as needed;
Oversee several sports (TBD) as well as employees;
Perform other duties as assigned;
Maintain the highest levels of integrity and adherence to all NCAA, MAAC, Atlantic Hockey Association and Niagara University rules and regulations.
|60% Budget, facilities and operations;|
15% Sports oversight;
15% Employee oversight.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of supervisory techniques, leadership training, and appropriate team operation.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules;
- Knowledge of appropriate computer programs as they relate to the position;
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills;
- Proficiency to handle various office machines including but not limited to: computer, keyboard, computer software applications, calculator, copy machine and fax;
- Ability to receive telephone calls, respond to inquiries and effectively communicate with others.
|The functions of the position usually performed sitting, but may require some amount of time standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting, walking, carrying and other movements may be required. Tasks involving working on a computer keyboard, computer software applications, calculator, cutting,labeling, and taping involve extensive wrist and hand movement. All individuals are required to be able to perform these movements without significant risk of injury to themselves or others.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; Master's degree preferred;
- Five years of experience performing similar tasks with increasing responsibility;
- Valid NYS driver's license is required that satisfies both University and insurance company underwriting rules and regulations for driving a motor vehicle. Candidate must also be able to operate a motor vehicle in Canada.
Non Discrimination/Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Policy:
NIAGARA UNIVERSITY is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our Catholic mission, Niagara University is committed to providing equal employment and educational opportunities and will not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex (gender), national origin, religious preference, sexual orientation, predisposing genetic characteristic, status as veteran or disability. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Ryan Thompson, Esq., Title IX Coordinator, Office for Equity & Inclusion, 716-286-8324, email@example.com, www.niagara.edu/oei, Office Location: O’Shea Hall, B27. For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.
Niagara University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. A copy of the Student Right to Know Annual Security Report is available at: