Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in order to participate in the search process should contact the search chair (if applying for faculty position, please see General Description for contact) or the
Human Resources Office
Adjunct Faculty - Religious Studies|
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR:
Chair - Religious Studies|
$2100 per course|
|The Department of Religious Studies has openings for adjunct faculty for two sections of World Religions (8 AM and 9:05 AM) in the fall 2013 semester. Class size is 35 students per section. Review of material will being immediately.
- On a part time basis
- Instructs students in a survey of world religions, covering the beliefs, practices, institutions, etc. of such religions as Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, and Confucianism;
- Designs and grades all tests, quizzes, papers, and other appropriate assignments to evaluate students;
- Maintains a class record and attendance book.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of subject matter and current pedagogical strategies;
- Ability to plan and present instructional material in a clear, logical and concise manner, with timely follow-through in response to questions and student-evaluation instruments;
- Ability to maintain respectful teacher-student relationship, and to foster supportive collegial atmosphere in classroom;
- Sound professional judgment and demeanor; initiative and resourcefulness instructing students in a general-education course which draws enrollment from non-major undergraduates from the four colleges of the university (Education, Business, Hospitality & Tourism, and Arts & Sciences).
|Physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Master's Degree or higher academic credentials;
- Experience in teaching college-level coursework;
- Experience in teaching comparative religion/history of religions.
Non Discrimination/Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Policy:
NIAGARA UNIVERSITY is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our Catholic mission, Niagara University is committed to providing equal employment and educational opportunities and will not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex (gender), national origin, religious preference, sexual orientation, predisposing genetic characteristic, status as veteran or disability. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Ryan Thompson, Esq., Title IX Coordinator, Office for Equity & Inclusion, 716-286-8324, email@example.com, www.niagara.edu/oei, Office Location: O’Shea Hall, B27. For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.
Niagara University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. A copy of the Student Right to Know Annual Security Report is available at: