Teaching Responsibilities (60% of the faculty Fellow's time during the academic year):
- Three courses in the fall semester that draw upon professional experience of the fellow.
- Three courses in the spring semester that draw upon professional experience of the fellow.
- Complete 2 field visits per student per semester as required by CSWE.
- Complete midterm and final semester Field Practicum Evaluations for all students.
- Advice assigned undergraduate students during the academic year.
- Maintain a minimum of six office hours per week during the academic year.
Program Oversight Responsibilities (30% of Faculty Fellow's time during the academic year and as needed during the summer - Coordinator of Field Practicum):
- Recruit and assess local and Canadian agencies as potential and actual field practicum sites.
- Secure all required documentation for qualified field practicum sites such as Department Letter of Understanding, University Liability Insurance, and for Canadian Placements university WSIB Coverage for Workman's Compensation.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships between the Social Work Department and the participating agencies.
- Maintain current information on agencies that have been approved as field practicum sites.
- Consult with agency personnel on matters involving the provision of adequate field practicums, selection and training of field instructors, and maintenance of field instruction standards.
- Interpret the Social Work Department's philosophy of education and CSWE field instruction standards to the community and community agencies.
- Plan developmental seminars for field instructors and students.
- Assign students to specific agencies following the placement procedures.
- Annually collect analyze and report on specific field practicum related educational outcomes (e.g. Senior Practicum Survey and Field Instructor Survey)
- Update the Field Practicum Manual annually to reflect changes based on CSWE Policy Changes, Niagara University Policy Changes, or recommendations from the Field Advisory Committee respectfully.
- Provide ongoing consultation with the program director in all matters pertaining to the field education program.
- Chair the Field Education Practicum Committee; Chair responsibilities include:
Recruiting alumni and community leaders to serve on the Committee;
Holding meetings of the committee at least once per semester;
Developing agendas and tasks for the Committee as outlined in the Field Practicum Manual.
Service responsibilities to the department, college, and university. (10% of the Faculty Fellow's time during the academic year and as needed during the summer.)
- Participate with full-time faculty in the Social Work Department in general administration and decisions of the department.
- Participate in recruitment events such as open houses, accepted student receptions, summer orientation,a nd NUSTEP campus visits.
- Serve as the faculty moderator for the Social Work Student Association.
- Serve on at least one University Committee.
- Attend departmental, college and university events as needed.