1. Provides leadership in making and supporting the implementation of physical planning and design recommendations to ensure preservation and enhancement to the campus in support of the institution’s brand, mission and operations.
2. Develops and maintains standards, and works within University and Facility Planning policies and procedures to ensure that projects are consistent with University goals.
a. Creates and communicates guidelines for exterior/interior architectural materials and designs.
b. Develops and maintains design standards for all interior and exterior wayfinding, streetscapes, landscaping, and other initiatives that will preserve and enhance the function, character and beauty of the University’s campus.
c. Lead campus facility planning committee.
3. Performs campus planning, space utilization and other tasks to include special studies that involve technical investigations and analyses, and recommends solutions to unique planning, engineering and administrative challenges.
4. Maintains space inventories, including CAD drawings, creating and maintaining data and drawings for all campus buildings, and supports facility management software programs.
5. Works with University clients to develop and articulate program needs using facility planning practices.
a. Prepares project summary for administrative review and further action.
b. Prepares initial project design budget.
6. Prepares and monitors plans and specifications for work to be performed by contractor or in-house resources, assuring coordination and review by appropriate agents of the University.
a. Ensures that each project has a specific implementation plan prior to its start with clear assignment of responsibilities and reporting for each phase of the project.
b. In accordance with project plans, works as part of project team with Facility Services and Business Services to develop scope of project, write RFPs, select consultants, and monitor progress.
7. Adheres to established energy conservation priorities in all renovations. Promotes and incorporates sustainability in all stages of facility planning. Works in support of the American College and University President’s Climate Commitment and co-chairs the university’s Sustainability Committee. Assist in the design and accreditation of LEED certified campus buildings.