1) Strong organizational, interpersonal,
written and oral communication skills.
2) Strong administrative and managerial
3) Working knowledge of the travel, hotel and
restaurant administration business.
4) Knowledge of budgetary processes.
competence in working effectively and productively with all constituencies and
5) Ability to receive telephone calls, respond
to inquiries and communicate with others by telephone.
6) Basic mathematical skills including
addition, subtraction, multiplication and division to be able to verify
accuracy of purchase order items and costs and other budget items.
7) Proficiency to
handle various office machines including but not limited to: computer keyboard, typewriter, calculator,
copy machine, and fax.
national, regional and local professional organizations.
regional and local trade organizations.
and local government bodies and officials.
managers and executives of international, national, regional and local
hospitality and travel related firms.
and faculty from other institutions – especially existing and potential feeder
as possible funding sources.
and regional development and tourism promotion bodies.