· Conduct routine/daily interviews with
prospective graduate students; and establish regular communications with same,
these interactions are both in the US and in Canada.
· Initiate and pursue relationships with existing
and new US academic partners.
· Establish, develop and maintain relationships
with new and existing corporate business partners in the regional and broader
· Satisfy pre-determined performance objectives
for graduate business enrollments (both US and Canada) and effectively
communicate proposed actions to reach enrollment goals and address deficiencies.
· Work directly with marketing companies to
establish and support marketing campaigns to brand and develop graduate
programs within the College of Business Administration.
· Meet with prospective students and explain the
advantages of pursuing a master’s degree with the Niagara University College of
· Met with Academic Partner and Corporate
Partner representatives to explain and promote the advantages of pursing a
master’s degree with the Niagara University College of Business Administration.
· Counsel and guide prospective students through
the initial NU application process as necessary; and directly assist them to
expedite and complete the process resulting in enrollment.
. Arrange an appropriate, timely and cost
effective travel schedule to satisfy objectives and expectations for recruiting graduate students.
· Must have outstanding communication skills,
verbal and written as well as exceptional customer service skills.
· Continue to maintain and expand the Social
Media presence of the NU Graduate Business Programs, through LinkedIn and
Facebook and any other appropriate social media channel.
· Oversee and guide the monthly publication of
the Graduate Business Programs Newsletter.
Ensure that this letter is routinely distributed to the Corporate
Partners, Academic Partners, Alumni and other friends of the Graduate Business
· Always present an energetic and positive image
of Niagara University when representing the University at external functions
such as college information programs for
prospective graduate students, open houses, and other community facing
· Develop, schedule and implement open house and
information session events (virtual or in-person) to promote the Graduate
Business programs and engage prospective students.
· Work with various university supported
marketing entities to develop clear and effective materials (electronic and
physical) to support the Graduate Business Programs.
· Oversee the continued upgrade, revision and
maintenance of the Graduate Business Programs website and virtual presence.
· Work effectively and collegially with
co-workers, employees and students. Must be able to facilitate the smooth
hand-off of newly enrolled students to other
members of the Graduate Business Programs office to ensure a smooth and
pleasant experience for incoming students, from both the US and Ontario.
· Be thoroughly familiar with all courses,
degrees, certificates and possess a full
knowledge of the Graduate Business programs admissions and financial aid processes
for both the US and the Ontario programs.
· Assist with the assignment of scholarships to
worthy incoming students.
confidentiality of information (including
but not limited to: student and employee personal information, student grades,
etc.), both during and after their employment with the University.
Any question regarding the confidentiality of material, should be referred to
the supervisor. Any violation shall subject the employee to disciplinary
action, up to and including termination of employment.
· Perform other duties assigned.